An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Headteacher to lead our very special school on its journey to outstanding.
We are looking for a caring, passionate and dedicated Headteacher who will work closely with all stakeholders – children, staff, the church, governors, parents and the local community to build on the existing secure environment for our pupils in order to secure an excellent educational experience for our children. The successful candidate will join us after Easter at the start of the summer term in 2022.
The successful candidate will be keen to actively enhance these links, build new relationships and, working with our deeply embedded Christian Ethos at the heart of the school, the new Headteacher will drive forward our vision of ‘Loving for Today, Learning for Tomorrow, Forever in Faith’ and enhance the strategic and financial direction of our school.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Have proven skills and experience to deliver the school’s vision for the future
- Be able to embrace, the school’s ethos and values
- Bring energy and passion for teaching and learning with an ability to inspire children and colleagues to achieve their potential
- Be committed to leading on the design and implementation of a curriculum and to create a stimulating environment which inspires and engages all pupils, so that our children reach their full potential and the highest possible standards in all area
- Be a confident decision maker who will take the initiative and work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Be a caring leader willing to guide and nurture the team, but also prepared to make tough decisions when needed
- Work with the Business Manager to identify and secure funding and income opportunities for the school, including submitting successful bids for capital expenditure projects and charitable donations
- Have a good understanding of the school’s finances
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and be able to communicate effectively with children, staff, parents and the PTA
- Develop an inclusive working relationship with the Chair of Governors and be able to submit succinct monthly reports to the Governing Body
- Have a commitment to the professional development and wellbeing of staff and children
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join an open-minded Governing Body who support the development of the school and Headteacher
- A happy, safe, welcoming and healthy environment where enthusiastic children learn and are respected and valued
- A motivated staff team who are keen to embrace new ideas and strengthen the quality of teaching and learning
- An exciting new challenge to lead Northaw C of E Primary on its journey towards outstanding
- The opportunity to build on relationships with parents and the local community
- Support and commitment with your professional development and access to the NPQH; HfL new headteacher induction; the Diocese Headteacher induction programme or CPD for existing leaders as appropriate.
To apply click here
To arrange a visit to the school please contact the school office on 01707 652869 or email@example.com. Visits can be arranged for Monday and Tuesday mornings.
If you wish to discuss the role with the Chair of Governors, please do not hesitate to contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant may not necessarily be currently working in a head’s role.
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Northaw C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education.
School Governor vacancy
- Would you like to give something back to the community?
- Do you have some time to spare?
- Do you feel that your professional skills are not fully utilized?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you a regular churchgoer?
Northaw Church of England Primary School is looking for a new governor to join a small team of committed individuals who believe passionately in working towards a better future for the children of Northaw School.
If you are able to commit to 9 afternoon governor meetings per year plus ad hoc meetings and training times, and would enjoy a rewarding and challenging role as part of the Northaw School Governing Board, please email email@example.com