The school has a long history dating back to 1879 and the trust deed, which is the school's Christian foundation, remains intregral to the ethos and beliefs of the school community. The present church was consecrated in 1882. It is the third church building on this site: there has been a church here dedicated to St Thomas a Becket for around 700 years.
We are a Voluntary Aided School and are part of the family of the Diocese of St Albans. We are situated in the very pleasant village of Northaw, where the school is an intregral part of the community and the Church.
We work closely with our church, St Thomas a Becket as well as with our local community. We value the contribution that everyone makes to school life, placing importance on the welfare of individuals.
It is our aim that at the end of our pupils’ time at Northaw Church of England School they will have developed a sense of achievement and self-esteem as a result of their experiences here and will leave us for their secondary school, happy, effective learners, with a positive attitude to life long learning.