Welcome to Acorns - our nursery and reception.
Welcome to Acorns!
On this page you will find information about our Acorns class; Nursery and Reception. We hope you enjoy seeing our learning journey!
Our first topic in the Autumn term was 'Welcome to Acorns,' during which we got to know all of our new friends and explore our new classroom and outdoor environment.
Let's Go Camping!
We have really been enjoying our topic of 'Let's Go Camping!' It has given us the opportunity for lots of physical development, outdoor play and exploration, team building activities and social development. Some of the activities which we have been doing include:
- Den building
- Camping role play and cooking around a campfire
- Telling stories around the campfire
- Creating artwork using natural materials
- Exploring woodland stories such as 'The Gruffalo' and 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt.'
- Positional language using tents and camping equipment
- Building bridges to help animals cross the river
Wellbeing in Acorns
In Acorns, we love Forest School! We get to explore our lovely wooded area and join in with many activities such as den building, leaf rubbings, comparing and measuring natural objects and creating pictures using sticks. Our Acorns children are very interested in nature and animals and are often found hunting for minibeasts or creating them homes.